Wednesday, November 24, 2010

what the....breakfast

Well today we had a bit of a dilemma; mama didn't feel like making breakfast. Usually we eat one of the following eggs, pancakes, cereal, olives, cheese, bread etc. Deep down inside all I wanted to do was go through McD's and get a few egg and cheese biscuits and call it a day (shhhh, don't tell my dad)

But then a light bulb went off in my head and I remembered there is a guy with a little cart that stands on the sidewalk and on this cart there is, bread, eggs, cheese, tomato, lettuce, zatar, hot sauce and even a big boiling container of tea. So I decided that on the way to drop Yusuf off to school I will get a sandwich. Yeah it is not the greasy biscuit that I want but it did the trick and Yusuf loved the fact that the guy took his order of a cheese sandwich and then he went to his stand and made it! And the kicker is that it only cost .500 piestars or $0.75 now if only I could have this guy deliver ;)



You know this guy is an entrepreneur and I like to support people with good ideas and good service, everyday he has a lot of cars pulled over to the curb to enjoy a healthy meal.

I know it made my kiddos happy!


3 comments:

  1. Look at those faces! Lulu looks especially happy with that sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog Katie - keep it up, along with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the side walk stands in Jordan! Cheap, easy, yummy, usually fairly healthy food!

    ReplyDelete